Now for a long list of acknowledgements of donors to the silent auction:
- Gerda for making a tango dress with the recipient's fabric, and to Cris who was the generous successful bidder with $200
- Lucy for a beautiful Igora scarf, and also to Andrew who generously bid $180 for it
- Colonel Light Hotel for their $100 voucher for meals & drinks
- Eduardo for his delightful "Symbol of Tango" motif
- Glen for his own ink-pen drawing
- Natalie for a Donna Hay cookbook
- Judi for two hand-made tango shoe bags
- Junko for her glass platter
- Bruno for two of his bottles of liqueur tawny port
- Rae for her three pieces of Cabeadle jewellery
- Terri for her last-minute (!), hand-made chocolates
- Janice for her 'Glamour kit for Tango'
- and Tango Salon Adelaide donated a private lesson and a Bocca Tango DVD
Thank you to all who bid for these items, and particularly to those who ended up buying: Cris, Andrew, Stephen, Susanna, Eduardo, Kylie, Nicole, Anna, Karlis, Terri, Annie & Barbara.
Then there was a raffle that Mariangela decided was a way to raise a tidy sum - and it made: $203. Mariangela donated a wonderful hamper of wines, glasses and chocolates, which she teamed up with further prizes of port & chocolates from Karlis and a magnum of red wine from Nicole, and then spent a couple of hours at the milonga going around to sell tickets. Many thanks to everyone who bought raffle tickets.
We also wish to thank Southern Cross Tango, Siempre Tango, and Tango Adelaide Club for strongly promoting the function, which resulted in a busy milonga despite a long list of apologies. A special thanks to Siempre Tango for allocating part of the proceeds of their super-practica last week and donating $150 to make up the final sum of $1500.